Why Is My PS4 The Only Device that Has Trouble Connecting to the WiFi Network?
Whether at home, at the office or when traveling, everybody enjoys a gaming session. All consoles now can connect via WiFi to the Internet, in order to play online with other users all over the world.
The trouble is that sometimes PS4 won't connect to WiFi networks. Or, even if it's connected, the connection will be very slow or limited from a gaming perspective, with strict NAT types.
Read below to see how to fix the issue of PS4 not connecting to WiFi and enjoy online gaming on your own terms.
Why Won't My PS4 Connect to WiFi?
There are multiple reasons why your PS4 gaming console can't connect to WiFi, from not configuring the connection right to advanced proxy / DNS settings. As a first step, check that you're connecting your PS4 to the right WiFi network and using the right password. If you're on a hotel or public WiFi, you may be required to log in from a browser.
If that doesn't work, please have a look on the Playstation Support forums and run their online connection troubleshooter.
Often times, PS4 consoles won't connect to WiFi because the WiFi signal is too weak. Or even if they connect, the Internet speed will be very slow - you will get buffering and lag for games.
One solution would be to get your PS4 or your WiFi router closer to one another. But when that's not possible, you need to boost your WiFi signal to your PS4.
If PS4 Won't Connect to WiFi, Use Connectify Hotspot on Your Laptop as a WiFi Booster
Connectify Hotspot is a software app for Windows that allows you to share your laptop’s WiFi connection with your other devices. This comes in handy when you are trying to increase the strength of your WiFi network or avoid silly hotel WiFi charges that gouge you for every single device. It also works great with the PlayStation, to save time and simplify the way you connect your PS4 to public WiFi networks.
You can use your Connectify Hotspot as a middleman for the PS4 console. This brings along some benefits for then your PS4 won't connect to WiFi:
- the WiFi signal will be strong, meaning that the Internet speed will be maximized and your PS4 will be able to always connect to the WiFi network.
- you won't get any strict NAT type issues thanks to Connectify's gaming mode.
- you will save time setting up the PS4 on other WiFi networks - at hotels, at your friends' house, etc.
How To Guide to Fix the PS4 Won't Connect to WiFi Issue
Connectify Hotspot makes your PS4 plug and play, wherever you may be playing.
Here are a few easy steps you can take to make sure that you can enjoy your Ps4 online gaming with the help of the Connectify Hotspot virtual router software app.
- Setup your PS4 with your Connectify Hotspot. You only need to connect your PS4 to your Connectify Hotspot once. The PlayStation will remember your Connectify Hotspot SSID and password.
- Keep your laptop close and don’t change your SSID or password. Your PS4 will be using the SSID and password you set for the Connectify Hotspot to identify your laptop as a valid Internet connection If you make any changes to the SSID or password, you may have to completely set up the PS4 connection again.
- When traveling, connect your Windows laptop to the hotel WiFi and share the hotel Internet via WiFi to your PS4.
In our increasingly connected world, Connectify believes that you should never have to spend extra time getting access to the features of your PS4. We make sure you are able to always stay connected to the Internet on your terms.
Download Connectify Hotspot today for FREE to fix the PS4 won't connect to WiFi issue. See how this powerful app can ease your traveling pains and make sure all your devices stay connected, no matter where you are.