Access Wireless Internet in a Hotel on All Your Devices
Many people find it hard to connect to the WiFi Internet connection in hotels. This usually happens with devices that are not computers, nor smartphones. We're talking here mostly about streaming media players (Chromecast, Roku), gaming consoles (Nintendo, Xbox, Playstation) and e-readers (Kindle, etc.).
The main reason why it's harder on such devices is that almost all hotels nowadays use a WiFi sign in page. On those pages you either need to acknowledge the terms and conditions and click a button or enter your credentials to log in. By the way - this is also the case at coffee shops, airports and really any public place.
So - how to connect to hotel WiFi easy on all your devices? Read below and find out!
Connecting to Hotel WiFi Pro Tip: Use Your Windows Laptop as a WiFi Hotspot
It's easiest to connect to a hotel WiFi with a sign in page from a computer. So, let's connect to the hotel WiFi from a Windows PC and then share the connection through WiFi to your other devices.
In order to create a WiFi hotspot from your computer and share the Internet connection, you have 2 options:
- if you're using Windows 10, you an use the built-in Windows mobile hotspot feature;
- if you want to avoid any compatibility issues, have more flexibility in sharing Internet connections with other devices or if you're using any other version of Windows - you can use Connectify Hotspot virtual router software.
You might also be interested in...
First Paragraph text goes here
Four Steps to Connect Any Device to Hotel WiFi Using Your Laptop and Connectify Hotspot
The best part: you will only have to connect each of your device once. Don’t change your SSID or password on your laptop. Your devices will be able to use the SSID and password you set for the Connectify Hotspot to identify your laptop as a valid Internet connection If you make any changes to the SSID or password, you will have to .
- Download and install the latest version of Connectify Hotspot on your PC or laptop.
- Give your Hotspot a Name (SSID) and Password. Starting with Connectify Hotspot 2017 you can even add Emojis and Special Characters to your Hotspot Name!
- Press the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to share your Internet connection. Make sure you have the ad blocker option selected,
to save bandwidth, money and battery life.
- Connect your devices. Any WiFi enabled devices can connect to your Hotspot!
How to Connect to Hotel WiFi: Why Connectify Hotspot is the Best Solution
While other WiFi hotspot creator software only “help” you share your Internet connection (inherent issues included – NAT levels, peering, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to…), Connectify Hotspot offers you more:
- Boost your WiFi range with WiFi Repeater Mode in your dorm room or office and getting full coverage in your dorm room.
- Save up to 60% of Internet bandwidth by using the built-in universal ad blocker. It even blocks in-app ads!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Share any type of Internet connection with all your devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones! You can also share a VPN connection over WiFi easily!
Share this Post