Does Your School WiFi Only Allow One Device Connected per Person? Fix This!
If you're a student or work in education, you need to be connected to the Internet via the school WiFi or campus network. You've got your laptop computer, but you also have a smartphone and, if you're living on campus, you may also have other devices such as a smart TV or game console.
The issue is that most school WiFi networks only allow one device per person to be connected at any given time. This is mainly to save bandwidth and avoid overloading the campus network.
Read below to see how you can easily connect all your devices to the school WiFi with Connectify Hotspot.
Fix School WiFi Login Screen Issues when Connecting Game Consoles, Smart TVs and Other Devices
Apart from restricting the number of devices that can simultaneously be connected to the network, all school WiFi networks also have a login screen you have to pass through in order to get access to the Internet. While this is not an issue with a computer or a smartphone, it can block you from connecting your game console (Playstation, XBox, Nintendo, etc.), smart TV or other devices that don't support "captive portals" (login screens).
In order to be able to connect multiple devices to a restricted school WiFi network, it needs to "see" a single device that's connecting, even though you're accessing the Internet from multiple devices. This sounds like a job for a router. But what about the login screens?
Connectify Hotspot Turns Your Computer into a Virtual Router for the School WiFi
Connectify Hotspot is an app for your Windows PC that lets you share your computer’s school WiFi network connection with all of your devices. If the campus WiFi restricts you to only one connected device at a time, connect your Windows PC or laptop, and then turn your laptop into an instant WiFi hotspot for the rest of your devices.
It allows you work the way you want, and still have access to things like Netflix and YouTube when you are ready to unwind. Connectify Hotspot allows you to set the SSID and password so that your device and data security is not compromised.
See below how easy it is to share your school WiFi connection with all your devices.
Connectify Hotspot Does More than Remove School WiFi Network Restrictions
With most software apps that "help" you share your Internet connection, you may encounter issues related to NAT levels, peering, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to… the list goes on.
Connectify Hotspot is the most popular virtual router software and has proven compatibility features. All your devices will be able to see each other in the same network and also connect to the Internet. Here's what you'll get more from Connectify:
- Boost your WiFi range with WiFi Repeater Mode in your dorm room or office and getting full coverage in your dorm room.
- Save up to 60% of Internet bandwidth by using the built-in universal ad blocker. It even blocks in-app ads!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Save Money While Traveling: Get all devices online for the price of one when being charged for Internet per device at hotels, on airplanes, etc.
- Share any Type of Internet Connection with All your Devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones!
Share this Post