Increase WiFi Range Easily with a WiFi Extender App
If you wander around the house and find areas with very weak WiFi signal, it’s time you do something about that in order to be able to connect devices in those areas to the Internet. The most common way people improve their WiFi range is by buying networking hardware equipment, such as WiFi extenders or routers. However, there’s a more simple, flexible and cost effective alternative to that: a WiFi extender app.
A WiFi extender app works by using your computer’s WiFi adapter to boost the signal it gets from a WiFi network to your other devices. Keep reading to see how to use your Windows computer as a WiFi extender with the Connectify Hotspot software app.
Why Choose a WiFi Extender App Instead of a WiFi Extender Device
Here are just a few advantages of a WiFi extender app, when compared to dedicated networking equipment:
- You get at least the same performance. All modern WiFi adapters, including the ones embedded into laptops, have similar performance to dedicated hardware.
- No hassles with compatibility: the WiFi extender app is compatible with all WiFi network and will generate a network that would be accessible to all devices.
- More flexibility: if you choose to use your laptop as a WiFi extender, then wherever the laptop stays, you’ll get a WiFi boost point. And you don’t need a dedicated power outlet for that thanks to the laptop’s battery.
- You get access to free upgrades! WiFi extender software apps will update, bringing new functionalities and enhancements. These updates are far more frequent than firmware updates for networking equipment, so you’ll get the best functionality at any time.
- Lower cost: a WiFi extender app is only a fraction of the cost compared to WiFi extender hardware or routers.
How it Works: WiFi Extender App
A WiFi extender is just what it sounds like: a product that lets you extend (read: repeat or rebroadcast) your main WiFi, boosting its signal and allowing you to extend the reach of your home or office network. WiFi extenders are typically hardware devices that can cost hundreds of dollars. But, with Connectify Hotspot WiFi extender app, you can turn your Windows laptop into a real WiFi extender with a few clicks, at a fraction of the cost of a physical device.
Increase WiFi Range in 4 Steps with a WiFi Extender App
Follow the four steps below to turn your Windows laptop into a WiFi extender:
Step 2: Run Connectify Hotspot. Click the WiFi Repeater Mode button at the top of the interface.
Step 3: Choose the WiFi network you want to extend from the Wi-Fi Network to Repeat dropdown.
Step 4: Finally, click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button and Connectify Hotspot begins acting as a WiFi extender app and boost your WiFi signal instantly.
Connectify Hotspot - the Only True WiFi Extender App
Most software apps that ‘help’ you extend your WiFi range have modes that try to ‘extend’ the range of your WiFi network, but they do it without bridging. This means that clients that join your hotspot don’t get real IP addresses from the shared network. They can get on the Internet through the hotspot, but they’re not really on the network to do any peer-to-peer networking. So, game consoles will report NAT problems, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to… the list goes on.
Connectify Hotspot is the most popular virtual router software and has a solid WiFi extender app component which helps you boost WiFi range. Outside of that, you also get many other functionalities, such as:
- Mobile hotspot functionality: turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot with the only software app that works on all Windows versions (including Windows 10) without any issues!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Save Money While Traveling: Get all devices online for the price of one when being charged for Internet per device at hotels, on airplanes, etc.
- Share any Type of Internet Connection with All your Devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones!
Share this Post