How to Turn Your Laptop into a WiFi Repeater with Software for Windows 7
This article will explain how you can create a WiFi repeater using dedicated software for Windows 7. This is very useful in several situations:
- when you get spotty WiFi reception around your home, office, school or campus - WiFi access point reception is weak for your devices such as smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, etc.
- when you're having network connectivity issues with some of your devices due NAT restrictions
- when you want to save money on expensive hotel or in-flight WiFi
- when you're not familiar with Windows 7 cryptic commands and complicated settings. And you want to save time!
- when you don't want to spend extra for dedicated hardware devices.
Read below to find out how you can use the Connectify Hotspot WiFi repeater software for Windows 7 to turn your laptop into a virtual access point and enjoy better wireless signal without the hassles of additional hardware!
Best Windows 7 WiFi Repeater Option: Hardware or Software?
Most WiFi repeaters are hardware devices with antennas that cost a bundle, and require you to carry yet another device around with you in order to stay connected.
There are several WiFi hotspot apps that have repeater software modules, but most of them do WiFi repeating without bridging. This means that clients that join your hotspot don’t get real IP addresses from the shared network. They can get on the Internet through the hotspot, but they’re not really on the network to do any peer-to-peer networking. So, game consoles will report NAT problems, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to… the list goes on.
Connectify Hotspot, on the other hand, is the only mobile hotspot software that works without issues on any Windows version, from 7 through 10. It's a true WiFi repeater software for Windows 7.
Connect All Your Devices to Internet with Connectify Hotspot WiFi Repeater Software for Windows 7
Do you have spotty WiFi signal in certain areas? Do you need to boost the range of your WiFi network, but don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up a hardware WiFi repeater or buying another wireless router? Connectify Hotspot virtual router software allows you to create a WiFi repeater on Windows 7 with just a few clicks… and there’s no additional hardware necessary!
Connectify Hotspot uses your laptop’s wireless card or your PC's WiFi adapter to give your existing WiFi network the signal boost needed to reach that out-of-signal place in your home or office. See the video below to learn how you can turn your laptop into a WiFi repeater and boost the range of your existing wireless network at the click-of-a-button. All with Connectify Hotspot WiFi repeater software for Windows 7!
Brief Guide to Setup the Connectify Hotspot WiFi Repeater Software on Windows 7
Step 1: Click here to get Connectify Hotspot MAX.
Step 2: Once installed, click the WiFi Repeater Mode button at the top of the Connectify Hotspot interface
Step 3: Choose the WiFi network you want to repeat from the Wi-Fi Network to Repeat dropdown
Step 4: Finally, click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button and Connectify Hotspot will begin to act as a repeater software to extend your WiFi signal instantly
Not Just WiFi Repeater Software for Windows 7; Connectify Hotspot Does Much More!
Here's what else you can do with Connectify Hotspot:
- Save up to 60% of Internet bandwidth by using the built-in universal ad blocker. It even blocks in-app ads!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Save Money While Traveling: Get all devices online for the price of one when being charged for Internet per device at hotels, on airplanes, etc.
- Share any Type of Internet Connection with All your Devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones!
Share this Post