How to Set Up a Mobile VPN Hotspot and Secure Privacy on All Devices
Are you using a virtual private network (VPN) service to protect your online privacy? Do you use it on all your devices, including gaming consoles, smart TVs, e-readers?
You should think of extending that and protecting all your devices in your household. Most VPN services offer subscriptions that support multiple devices. But your SmartTV, video streaming device, game console and others don't always have support for VPNs. As you're logged in to personal accounts on these devices, you need to protect it.
The simplest way to protect all devices is to share the VPN connection over WiFi. A good WiFi router with embedded VPN usually starts at $100, not including the cost of the VPN subscription. Plus - the installation and maintenance of the VPN can require technical knowledge. However, there are better alternatives to set up a mobile hotspot VPN. These are more flexible and cost effective. Read below to see one of them.
Create a Mobile Hotspot VPN on a Wndows Laptop - What You Need
Here’s what you need to set up a mobile VPN hotspot:
- A working Windows laptop or PC with a WiFi card or dongle. This can be the laptop you’re currently using or an older laptop or PC that’s just collecting dust
- A fast VPN service that can deliver good speeds to all your devices at once. Speedify is a bonding VPN that can combine multiple connections, giving you increased bandwidth
- Connectify Hotspot - the most popular hotspot software available, basically a virtual router inside your Windows machine. You will use it to share the VPN connection via WiFi.
3 Steps to Turn Your Laptop into a Mobile Hotspot VPN
You are now the proud owner of a mobile VPN hotspot! You can now connect all devices to the hotspot generated by Connectify. All the traffic going through this Wi-Fi hotspot will be protected by Speedify, the fast, reliable and secure VPN.
- Download and install Connectify Hotspot and Speedify on your Windows laptop or PC
- Open Speedify and connect to a server (usually the closest will be best). If you have multiple Internet connections from different networks, you can combine and use them at the same time with Speedify to create a super-connection with increased bandwidth and lower lag.
- Run Connectify Hotspot. Under Wi-Fi Hotspot mode give your hotspot a custom name and password, and select the “Speedify Virtual Adapter” from the Internet to Share drop-down menu. Then click “Start Hotspot”.
Mobile Hotspot VPN: More from Connectify Hotspot
While other virtual router software only “help” you share Internet from laptop to phone (inherent issues included – NAT levels, peering, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to…), Connectify Hotspot offers you more:
- Boost your WiFi range with WiFi Repeater Mode in your dorm room or office and getting full coverage in your dorm room.
- Save up to 60% of Internet bandwidth by using the built-in universal ad blocker. It even blocks in-app ads!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Share any type of Internet connection with all your devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones!
Which VPN to Use for a Mobile Hotspot VPN?
Using a VPN will protect you, but most of them will also slow down the Internet. All data passes through their servers first before going to or from its final destination.
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN built for speed and reliability. It doesn’t slow down your online speed. Speedify uses a proprietary encryption algorithm that is fast and secure. This makes sure you don’t compromise speed for security. It's very important when multiple devices will be using the same VPN connection.
Plus – most important – Speedify doesn’t log any data regarding your online activity, as other VPNs (or even your own ISP) might do, in order to sell your browsing data to marketing agencies – ever wondered how come “the ads” know you’ve been looking at something in particular?
It’s time you protect all traffic from your household. Use a mobile hotspot VPN: combine Connectify Hotspot with Speedify. Get started today!
Share this Post