Mobile Hotspot Not Working in Windows 10 - Why That Happens
Running Windows 10 on your laptop and need a quick way to share Internet with other devices? Windows' own mobile hotspot functionality may be what you're looking for. It allows you create a WiFi hotspot on your PC. But sometimes Windows 10 mobile hotspot is not working.
For example, along with Microsoft’s mid October 2017 launch of its Fall Creators Update, many users saw their mobile hotspot functionality in Windows 10 stop working correctly. Along with software bugs, this lack of functionality may also happen because:
- your WiFi adapter is not active or not enabled
- your WiFi drivers are outdated.
- your WiFi adapter is not correctly recognized by Windows.
You need to troubleshoot the issue. This takes time and it's not guaranteed that the Windows 10 mobile hotspot not working issue will be solved.
Read below how you can avoid such issues in the first place by using the most popular mobile hotspot software for Windows - Connectify Hotspot.
Guide to Fixing the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not Working Issue
Connectify Hotspot is an easy-to-use virtual router software that lets you share Internet from your laptop, PC or tablet with your smartphone, media player, game console, e-reader, other laptops and tablets, and even your nearby friends. Whether you’re traveling, at home, or just working from a coffee shop, Connectify Hotspot keeps you connected anytime and anywhere.
Here’s what you have to do in order to solve the Windows 10 mobile hotspot not working issue:
- Download and install the latest version of Connectify Hotspot on your PC or laptop. It's FREE to use!
- Give your Hotspot a Name (SSID) and Password. You can even add emojis and special characters to your hotspot name!
- Press the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to share your Internet connection.
Make sure you have the ad blocker option selected, to save bandwidth, money and battery life.
- Connect your devices. Any WiFi enabled devices can connect to your Hotspot!
Below you can find a short video on how you can create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10 with Connectify Hotspot:
Connectify Hotspot – More Than Just a Mobile Hotspot, a Virtual Router Software
While other virtual router software only “help” you share Internet from laptop to phone (inherent issues included – NAT levels, peering, Chromecast apps won’t find your Chromecast, your Apple TV won’t show up for your Mac to stream to…), Connectify Hotspot offers you more:
- Boost your WiFi range with WiFi Repeater Mode in your dorm room or office and getting full coverage in your dorm room.
- Save up to 60% of Internet bandwidth by using the built-in universal ad blocker. It even blocks in-app ads!
- Easily bridge other devices onto your home network with WiFi Bridging Mode: eliminate all game consoles (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox) and smart TV issues with your home WiFi network!
- Share any type of Internet connection with all your devices: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones! You can also share a VPN connection over WiFi easily!
If Windows 10 mobile hotspot is not working for you - get Connectify Hotspot and enjoy even more functionalities!
Share this Post